WELCOME TO MY WEBSITE
If you are visiting this page because you feel stuck, down, anxious or distressed, you are not alone. One in four of us experience a mental health problem in any one year.
What I have learned in my 16 years of doing this work is that the process of Counselling and Psychotherapy is often a lot less complicated than people expect, but it can have a big impact.
This is what one of my clients said:
“I can’t believe how long I have waited to start Counselling. Now that I come to the end of it, I can say that it was one of the most important things I have done in my life, apart from getting married and having children of course!”
The reality is that in our shared human experience we all encounter times of distress. Sometimes friends and family can offer support in difficult times and sometimes we may nevertheless choose to look at underlying patterns with a qualified therapist. It does not need to be an either-or-decision; you can choose both.
I am a fully qualified, senior BACP accredited psychotherapist and supervisor, trained in individual psychotherapy, trauma therapy, bereavement counselling and CBT. I have worked with clients for over 16 years: in the NHS, in Higher Education and in private practice. As a manager I headed up a psychotherapeutic service for adults, children and young people in Brighton, was Head of Counselling and Mental Health for a large University and managed a national Mediation project for the Ministry of Education in Luxembourg. I also work as a consultant and trainer, nationally and internationally. I have been awarded senior accredited status by the BACP and have published for the BACP and others.
My approach is Gestalt Psychotherapy and CBT but I work with all aspects of my experience and personality and use my creativity and sense of experimentation in order to meet you where you are at. Together we can create the atmosphere you need in order to open up to the possibilities in your life.
My training and experience as a Psychotherapist have allowed me to work with clients who come with a wide range of issues, such as:
- bereavement and loss
- relationship difficulties
- feelings of emotional numbness
- survival of domestic violence
- historic abuse
- low self-esteem
- work and career related issues just to name a few.
Whatever you come with, my aim is to work together to transform fixed patterns, so that you can live a fuller and more satisfying life.
THE COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY PROCESS
While it is impossible to describe the deep impact and change that a psychotherapeutic relationship can provide, there are some aspects that form an integral part of the process:
• We will explore your current situation, how you make sense of what is going on for you and what you want to change. I contribute my professional knowledge and expertise in order to offer a new way of seeing things
• I support you in containing the troubling situation so that the impact it may have on your life or important relationships is not spiralling out of control
• I work with you to fully engage with your own resources, gain more control and bring movement to a seemingly stuck pattern
• I may suggest some things to you or you may come up with a wish to try out something new. In your own time and at your own pace you can experience how it feels to do things differently
• By understanding yourself more fully, you open up choice. Integrating new ways of being into your everyday life will increase your flexibility to deal with whatever comes your way.
If you would like to find out more or book an initial appointment, you can contact me by e-mail by clicking here
Tel: 07863 823783
Email: Click here.
Email: Click here.
"Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you."
Psychotherapy Brighton and Lewes
Registered with Counselling Directory